Wewahitchka High School Dress Code Policy
- Shorts / skorts may be worn to school if they are no shorter than five (5) inches above the top of the kneecap in the front and in the back. No biking shorts, spandex, or tight fitting shorts.
- Students may wear jeans with holes or tears, but no flesh may show 5 inches or more above the kneecap in the front and back.
- Skirts or dresses may be worn to school if they are no shorter than three (3) inches above the top of the kneecap in the front and in the back. (Slits or openings in skirts or dresses cannot extend beyond three (3) inches above the top of the kneecaps both in the front and in the back). IF TIGHTS, JEGGINGS OR LEGGINGS ARE WORN, THEY MUST BE WORN UNDER SHORTS, SKORTS, SKIRTS OR DRESSES THAT MEET DRESS CODE LENGTHS. LEGGINGS WORN UNDER SHIRTS/BLOUSES ARE ONLY ACCEPTABLE IF SHIRTS/BLOUSES MEET DRESS CODE LENGTH OF SHORTS. (No more than 5 inches above the kneecap front and back.
- Shirts, blouses and/or dresses must be worn at all times and must be long enough in length to cover the stomach and back completely.
- Crop Tops will not be permitted. Shirts must fall below the waistband.
- Necklines may not expose cleavage.
- Girls may wear sleeveless tops having a minimum two (2) inch wide shoulder strap.
- Boys are not allowed to wear tank tops.
- Pajamas must not be worn except on designated days.
- Blouses made of sheer fabric may be worn only as an over blouse to tops that meet previously stated guidelines.
- Pants must be worn at the waistline. Low riding, sagging pants are not allowed. If belts are worn they must be buckled.
- Hoods, hats, caps, head stockings, hair rollers, sunglasses, bandanas, combs, wide headbands, and other types of headwear shall not be worn except in designated areas and on designated days.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Bedroom slippers or shower shoes are not to be worn. All students must wear soft soled athletic shoes in PE classes. Hard soled shoes are not permitted in gymnasiums.
- Clothing or accessories bearing profane, suggestive, offensive, obscene or gang related language, symbols, slogans or advertising alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or unlawfully controlled substances are not permitted.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn at all times and must not be seen.
- Beach attire is not to be worn at school.
- Wallet chains, dog collars, or other inappropriate chains or accessories will not be allowed on campus.
- Trench coats and other distracting oversized clothing will not be allowed on campus.
Students wearing clothing that does not meet dress code will be provided school issued sweatpants or shirt/sweatshirt. At the close of the day, the student will return the school issued clothing and collect their clothing from the office.
The school administration is the final authority regarding the appropriateness of dress and grooming. The student code of conduct will be applied to violations of the dress code.